Friday, May 24, 2013

Music...

So it turns out... I like country music.
Growing up in a suburb of a major metropolitan city anyone who liked country was deemed not cool and illiterate, so naturally I didn't really give it much of a chance.
My first tastes of country music was through my mom when she would listen to Keith Urban in her car. I liked it but wouldn't admit it to anyone except her.



When I moved to Oklahoma it was a bit harder to escape country music since it is played frequently in all manner of places here. So my palette of country music expanded to include new and old country.

So today I was itching to get out of the house so I went with my dad to Home Depot and then asked if we could stop by Barnes & Noble so I could get some CDs.
Turns out the Barnes & Noble by our house is a smaller one and doesn't have a section dedicated to music and movies, so I got three books instead (because I just have a hard time leaving a book store empty handed).

Then I asked if we could go to the Hastings off of the main drag, since they would surely have CDs.

Made it out with exactly ten CDs, not all country though.
2 Keith Urban
Train
Foo Fighters
Lady Antebellum
Blake Shelton
2 Brad Paisley
Miranda Lambert
Darius Rucker

Not bad if I do say so myself. I could have kept going because my dad was looking in the classic rock section and I love a lot of the same bands that he does but I stopped myself when I couldn't hold anymore CDs in one hand (the same way that I made it out of the book store with only three books).

Now you know my dirty-little-city-girl secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment