Wednesday, August 28, 2013

College...

Is a place for higher learning, personal & career growth and maturity.
Or at least that is how I perceive it.

At my school there is a "cafe" area that you can eat your food and work on homework or study in relative comfort. This was my preferred spot to eat my lunch/dinner while I was taking summer classes and it was very nice {mainly due to the few other students and great staff}.

Now it is Fall semester.

There are {naturally} more students now and a good portion are the right-out-of-high-school freshman.
Most of these kids {I say kids because they act as if they are still in middle or secondary school} are loud, obnoxious, rude and down-right crude {aka hoodlums}.
There are even a few that are so arrogant and aggressive, that I would not want look at them "wrong" for fear of being confronted or assaulted.

I still eat my lunch/dinner in the cafe, but I keep to myself {usually with homework or my computer}.
When I want to do some heavy studying I go to the library, because it is one of the few places that people will act accordingly with their surroundings.

What happened to the scholarly and respectful atmosphere that college and college students used to have?


Just sayin' :)

No comments:

Post a Comment