Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sportsmanship

I love watching sports {except golf, man talk about snooze-fest}.
I may not always understand what is going on but I still enjoy the games.
What I really do not understand is when there is bad sportsmanship on the field or in the stands.
At the end of the day it is a game.
Yes it is an expensive game and can make or break the player's careers as professional athletes but it is still a game that is meant to be fun.

I recently went to the first game of the season for my favorite college football team and had a blast.
In the row behind me there were a handful of fans for the opposing team. I made sure to shake their hands and wish their team good luck. They were good fans towards their team and, for the most part, my team as well.
At the end of the game I told them their team played a good game and wished them a safe trip back to their hometown.
{Oh yeah my team did win, by the way.}

During the game there were a couple instances of bad-mouthing or shoving on the field {to which I yelled "Grow Up!"} and it always makes me wonder....

If little kids can show good sportsmanship....


And burly men in kilts can show good sportsmanship....


Why is there so much bad behavior throughout mainstream sports {or any sport really}?

Shame.

So much Shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment