Wednesday, February 13, 2013

After exam exhaustion...

So sleepy.
I had nearly two hours between my first exam (psychology) and the last exam (nutrition) and I was filled with nervous energy.
I just wanted to take the tests and get them over with.
I did read several pages of 1984 while I waited as a way to distract my brain from the slow passage of time.

Okay, disclaimer time.
I was in an advanced English in high school so while the rest of the kids in my grade were reading novels and classic literature, I was reading poetry.
There are several great classics that I have not read because of this.
I first read The Hobbit when I was in the 8th grade as well as Great Expectations by Charles Dickens (which is really difficult for a fifteen year old to understand).

Any-who, I made it my mission along with my future library to read all of the classics that I did not read in grade school.

I started out with The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger because I always remember seeing a poster for the book in the hallway at school.
My main goal was to read these books and hopefully understand why they were considered classics.
The Catcher in the Rye was definitely nothing like I had read in the past and considering when it was written and the style in which he used, I can understand why it is considered a classic.
Will I ever read it again?
I don't know, but I still have the book just in case I get the urge to reread it.

I keep all of my books.
Not all of the textbooks, naturally, only the ones that I felt were really interesting or well written.
I have kept my History, Art, Government, and Literature books. Each subject consisting of between 2-5 textbooks each.

Looks like I might have been right in my prediction of the cute guy in Psychology dropping out or flunking.
He did not show up for class on Monday or today (exam day).
That is unfortunate, but I have been there.
I never flunked a class but I did withdraw from more than I care to admit.

Woohoo! So far I have a 100% grade in my microbiology lab! Sweet!
I really hope I will get the grade for the microbiology exam tomorrow.

I got a 91% on my Nutrition exam!!! Wonderbar!!!!
I am a happy girl.
I wish I could learn the grades on the other two this quickly.
Oh well, patience is a virtue, right?

Valentine's Day is tomorrow.
Awesome for couples and loved ones.
I sent a dozen roses to my Grandmother so she knows how much I appreciate her.

Here is a flower for you, who ever you are.



No comments:

Post a Comment