Monday, February 11, 2013

Books...

I like books.
I actually love books.
I plan to one day have a library in my home full of all kinds of books for any reader.
I have biographies, fiction, nonfiction, children's books, textbooks, books on hobbies and crafts, young adult, classic literature, poetry, etc.
I am also one of those annoying people who is reading more than one book at any given time. I also do not have to start over a book if I have put it down, I can pick up right where I left off.
One time I attempted to tell someone all of the books I was reading... they did not believe me.

Right now I am currently reading:

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Dune by Frank Herbert
Idylls of the King by Lord Alfred Tennyson (Currently in my purse)
1984 by George Orwell (Currently in my purse)
Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind
Her Little Majesty by Carolly Erickson
Invictus by John Carlin
Roosevelts and the Royals by Will Swift

Not including the textbooks I am reading for psychology, nutrition, and microbiology. Plus my algebra textbook, but I don't really think that one counts...

I recently finished reading: (as in two days ago)
Cemetery Dance by Preston & Child

Book stores are my toy stores.
It is very difficult for me to leave a bookstore with only one book.
Last week I went to a book store to purchase a book stand so that I could look through my textbooks and take notes without straining my neck.
If I had been alone then I would have purchased at least one book, but lucky for me (I guess) I had someone there to keep me on the wagon (so to speak).
My nephew is only 2 months old and I am already itching to buy coloring books, learning books, story books, etc. for him.
Now that I think about it... the first gift I purchased for my ex-husband was a book. A volume of Calvin and Hobbs on our first date. Good memories.

Surprisingly enough, I don't have any pictures showing off my books, either.
Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment